Lack of follow through halts the greatest of plans. Thankfully, technology has consistently provided a buffer for less than stellar human performance. The IFTTT app is a great way to automate daily tasks, streamline productivity, and save time and money.
Take for example, our Honeywell wifi thermostat. Checking and changing the temperature level from our cell phones or lap top was a nifty feature. We hoped to save money by turning it down when away. But, remembering to turn the thermostat down was an elusive goal. I needed automated technology to maximize results.
Automation is where IFTTT excels. I created what the app calls a “recipe,” and IFTTT drops the thermostat to 65° when my cell phone disconnects from our wifi network and resumes normal schedule when reconnected: execution, efficiency, and savings on autopilot.
Their are hundreds of IFTTT recipe possibilities. Here are some more recipe examples:
– Upload photos to cloud storage.
– Log calls, texts, completed tasks, etc. on Google Calendar.
– Text contact an “I’m busy” message after missing a call.
– Turn lights on, start radio, open garage, etc. when arriving home.
– Time of day and location dictated volume settings.
– Notifications based on temperature, weather condition and uv parameters.
– Text contact before battery is drained.
And lots more!
You see, IFTTT can help us all by taking care of mundane details automatically; increasing efficiency, free time and money.